If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Well, David is an experienced Python / Django programmer, I can program to a certain degree (PHP, ObjC, bash scripting, and some ancient languages like pascal and delphi) but Python currently isn't one of my professions.

There is a bunch of ready-to-go packages at http://djangopackages.com/grids/g/forums/ for forums running on the Django framework which I can integrate into nibbits, that's not the problem. But I need to keep all current data, posts, accounts, etc, etc..

And IF i'd use a completely external-based package, it wouldn't be phpBB, it's too spam-sensitive. I'd rather shell out some money for a vBulletin license at that point (got experience with both packages, I'm also a sysadmin at coldfront.net which has . But the fact is.., this site is 0% PHP-based, so integration with something like phpBB of vBulletin probably is the most far-off solution thinkable ;-)

I'm looking at the alternatives currently, I may ask David and if he's available, hire him to do some changes.

- Mag - Nibbits admin
    Mag 26
    Admin

Support Nibbits by linking to us: