If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• But can you elaborate a bit on 'full map creator control' ?

Sure, if memory serves. It wasn't possible to delete ones own maps. Thus one has a situation of duplicates accumulating. It was one of the reasons I moved to have my own forum - the major reason being a full enabling of my map presentation, with screenshots and the like - that is not a problem.

I ought to state that I will retire, take a break, from map making at map 12, although special co op map projects may see my participation. The reason being, that 12 is a good number, not to dilute my maps, and that once the next installment of StarCraft 2 is released, I may create a further batch of maps.

On a side note, Fawlty Towers and The Young Ones ran for 12 episodes ... like a limited release kind of thing ... arbitrary perhaps, but relevant with my maps I think.

As for these types of games, genre wise, I got into StarCraft 2 for the map making - that is the "game" for me. I once had a play test of WOW as a lark, but it holds no interest for me so I can't comment on such.

The pending Diablo is a definite look in though.

I suspect that WOW may be rather popular and it certainly is a "natural expansion"! ;)

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist

Support Nibbits by linking to us: