Map Wouldn't upload...
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • I got this error:
    Internal Server Error

There was a technical error with your request.

An email has been sent to the highly trained monkeys which run Nibbits. Unfortunately, they aren't very reliable, and the problem may not be fixed immediately. Hitting the refresh repeatedly usually just causes your head to hurt, so check back later.

The map name was Lurker Defense XYZ v.3.009F
    and is not currently up on nibbits that I can find. I can only assume someone tried to upload it before and it had an error and now no one can upload it similiar to my problem I had a while back with The Jim Raynor Movie (still unresolved).

• I'm not seeing the error, but the only ones I've seen lately have been parse errors (nothing related to actual site bugs).

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict
  • Well it happened again when I tried last night, and also this morning so I assumed it was related to this specific map and a failed attempt to upload it previously.

• I also can't upload a newer vers of Neo Custom Hero Wars, 1.4e.

I can upload other maps, though.

(._.)>)>)>)>)>~~
    <erste = 1st >
  • Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but this isn't some sort of discrimination against Neo Custom Hero Wars by the site owner being a fan of hacked Custom Hero Wars vers?

I renamed the map to Neo CHW 1.4e for nibbits.scx, and it uploaded fine.

What's up with this?
    -------------
    I strongly demand that the map that I uploaded, Neo CHW 1.4e for nibbits.scx be renamed to Neo Custom Hero Wars 1.4e.scx.
    -------------
    Also just in case I'd like to ask the site to prohibit hosting hacked versions of Custom Hero Wars such as 4.0, 5.0, 5.c, 5.h, etc. Thank you.

(._.)>)>)>)>)>~~
    <erste = 1st >
  • You're just being paranoid :)

Most all errors I've seen recently were parsing errors. Though renaming the map shouldn't have fixed that. Can you try uploading the other version again and I'll check the logs.

Addict
  • It can upload other Neo Custom Hero Wars vers like 1.3h, but it can't upload 1.4e, somehow.

I've tried it both with and without a check on the "make this default map" option

(._.)>)>)>)>)>~~
    <erste = 1st >
  • So the parsing errors...can you find the map request and fix it so its uploaded with the description we attempted to put up. Or is it more one of those keep trying to upload it things?

• Google stuck the error emails in my spam box :(

So I see a Neo Custom Wars submission (via project page), and it came back with a parsing error:

File "/home/dcramer/nibbits/nibbits/../nibbits/core/mpq/SCMapReader.py", line 83, in parse
    s = tbl.read(StringIO.StringIO(s))

File "/home/dcramer/nibbits/nibbits/../nibbits/core/mpq/tbl.py", line 9, in read
    offsets = struct.unpack("<%iH" % length, file.read(2*length))

error: unpack requires a string argument of length 131070

I see a few more similar errors. Don't see anything that's not an uncaught parsing error though.

Addict
  • Umm so can u translate in a language that I can understand?

I'd like to know how I would be able to get the Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e.scx file on the project list.

We need a very good explanation because I have no trouble uploading other maps. I just can't upload maps with "Neo" on it.

There's no reason why I shouldn't suspect that either nibbits' owner is a fan of the hacked chw series or the site is being hacked by a fan of the hacked chw series.

-----------

In fact I'm going to do a thorough testing with maps and map names to prove this point.

-----------

Update: I changed a standard blizzard scx map's name to Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e & it actually uploaded....

So this is how it goes: I can change the name of Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e & upload it,

or I can change the name of a miscellaneous unprotected map into Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e & upload it...

Does it have to do with map protection?

(._.)>)>)>)>)>~~
    <erste = 1st >
  • dokebiUmm so can u translate in a language that I can understand?

I'd like to know how I would be able to get the Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e.scx file on the project list.

We need a very good explanation because I have no trouble uploading other maps. I just can't upload maps with "Neo" on it.

There's no reason why I shouldn't suspect that either nibbits' owner is a fan of the hacked chw series or the site is being hacked by a fan of the hacked chw series.

-----------

In fact I'm going to do a thorough testing with maps and map names to prove this point.

-----------

Update: I changed a standard blizzard scx map's name to Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e & it actually uploaded....

So this is how it goes: I can change the name of Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e & upload it,

or I can change the name of a miscellaneous unprotected map into Neo_Custom_Hero_Wars_1.4e & upload it...

Does it have to do with map protection?

Yes, to be clear, this (I believe) is ONLY a problem with certain protection schemes. We try to do everything we can to work around those but it's just not possible.

So you could either try a different protection method, or wait until I have time to implement support for maps which won't automatically parse (though that could be weeks yet).

Addict
  • Sorry to burst your bubble, I just had a map I was trying to upload Mind Control Defence[Final] which was protected with GueEdit 1.1 and it failed to upload. I then tried protecting it with ProEdit and it also failed... finally I tried uploading it with no protection and it failed to upload. I think maybe just certain times your site isn't working to allow map uploads and that it has less to do with protection. Or there is something else on the map preventing it from being uploaded--not sure. Anyway I will be out of town this weekend and can try again when back.

• -BW-Map_GodSorry to burst your bubble, I just had a map I was trying to upload Mind Control Defence[Final] which was protected with GueEdit 1.1 and it failed to upload. I then tried protecting it with ProEdit and it also failed... finally I tried uploading it with no protection and it failed to upload. I think maybe just certain times your site isn't working to allow map uploads and that it has less to do with protection. Or there is something else on the map preventing it from being uploaded--not sure. Anyway I will be out of town this weekend and can try again when back.

Good work, you actually found a REAL bug ;)

Working on a fix as we speak haha.

Addict
  • Should be fixed, it was related to tags. If any of you had problems before, I would suggest trying now. If it was an error with protection its still going to fail, otherwise it should be good now.

Addict
  • The original map that used GueEdit has now uploaded successfully. I might try to upload the other two maps that failed to upload to nibbits (a few weeks back) encase they also were tag errors.

EDIT: Tried the other two maps and still no success, not sure which protection one of them uses but The Jim Raynor Movie 2 uses ProEdit (the and I've uploaded a lot of maps using that protection before so it's probably failing because its 24 megs. The
    Lurker Defense XYZ v.3.009F I can't think of any reason it's failing, though maybe its map protection. Ah well, only two maps unable to upload so far isn't bad :D.

• Can add another map to the failed to upload monkey error list.

Nazi Štarcraft v1.3 3 men F

It uses no map protection and is a SCM file... my guess is perhaps its the Š character in the name causing it to fail? Dunno, maybe you can take a look at it and find another bug that will allow those other two maps that are still failing to upload (The Jim Raynor Movie 2; Lurker Defense XYZ v.3.009F; and Mind_Control_Defense¬ 10.0).

• Please provide a link to your map if it fails to upload. If it's not too large you can post it to pastethat.com if you have no other place. I think my filesize limit is 5mb on pastethat.com.

Addict
  • Hey... I've had this problem before, and I'm having it again. The map isn't protected or anything, but I've tried uploading it 2 times yesterday and once again this morning only to receive the "Internal Error" Message. I would really like to upload this map because I think a lot of people are going to like it. The only thing I can think of is that the map has a ] and a [ in the map name which might be forbidden characters for uploaded maps? Also, one of the strings says the word "Shit" so I dunno if you have some kind of PG filter going here, but yeah... Really wish I could upload the map.

It's called Hero Sanctuary [BT3] (Because apparently you were sent an E-mail about my 3 failed attempts).

Corporal
  • There's no forbidden characters or anything automated to that extent. We remove inappropriate (mostly nude) maps by hand.

Could you throw me a link to it? I may have fixed the error you were hitting, so you could also try again.

Addict
  • Alright, cool it uploaded fine now. I have filled in the additional fields asked, so will the map be visible to others soon?

Corporal
  • It's fixed now. Hopefully all the logic is working for unparseable maps now so we can get the db filled up :)

I plan to improve this when I get some more time to dedicate. The goal is to have a very fluid submission process, and to allow you to fill in every detail that is unparseable, including a preview image.

Addict
  • Oh, will the preview image eventually be added to my submission automatically?

Corporal
  • It probably won't be unless we're able to reparse the map. However, you said you didn't use protection on yours, so I'm very curious as to why it failed on the parser. Going to be looking into that.

Addict
  • Another map failed.. but in the weirdest way yet. I submitted it and it seemed to have succeeded but it wanted me to fill out some fields, though I had filled them all out already. I went back to paste and now I get the monkey error page when I try to submit. Map name is Spawn_Defence_2007_V=10, I've attached below what I was trying to put in the info encase it helps.

===============================
    Spawn_Defence_2007_V=10
    By: T-a-r-g-e-t

Every 30 seconds, you gain your salary. You can increase your salary by spawning units. Every time you purchase a unit, it is sent to your opponents. Your objective is to purchase enough units to survive your opponents defenses and reach their life supply. You have a total of 9 lives.

Map generates all units and structures at the start, Scourge is used for turning lights on/off to stack defenses. Cash is also gained from kills.

www.staredit.net/
    =============================

EDIT: Error was this one:
    The page you requested was not found.

If you reached this page from a link on the website, that's probably not a good thing. Either the rats are chewing on the database wires, and the page really is supposed to be here, or we threw it in the trash can.

EDIT #2: So the next map I uploaded went to the same screen. This time I was ready with my paste and re-filled everything out again. Not sure why it takes me there when I have everything initially filled out. Anyway I guess my other page is invisible still somewhere of the first map I tried to upload---preventing anyone else from uploading it--or so it seems.

Edit #3: The recent map I uploaded was also not protected...wondering why a preview didn't generate for it? Perhaps its the new screen that came up to manually fill things in that is preventing the most recently uploaded maps from generating mini maps.

Edit #4: Two maps in a row without protection have now not generated previews and gone to that second screen making me re-type everything just as before. Possibly this happens because you can't fill out the author on the initial screen unless you are the author? Not sure but definitely a bit of an issue. Map previews are important after all :D. And re-pasting stuff is kinda annoying.

• -BW-Map_GodAnother map failed.. but in the weirdest way yet. I submitted it and it seemed to have succeeded but it wanted me to fill out some fields, though I had filled them all out already. I went back to paste and now I get the monkey error page when I try to submit. Map name is Spawn_Defence_2007_V=10, I've attached below what I was trying to put in the info encase it helps.

===============================
    Spawn_Defence_2007_V=10
    By: T-a-r-g-e-t

Every 30 seconds, you gain your salary. You can increase your salary by spawning units. Every time you purchase a unit, it is sent to your opponents. Your objective is to purchase enough units to survive your opponents defenses and reach their life supply. You have a total of 9 lives.

Map generates all units and structures at the start, Scourge is used for turning lights on/off to stack defenses. Cash is also gained from kills.

www.staredit.net/
    =============================

EDIT: Error was this one:
    The page you requested was not found.

If you reached this page from a link on the website, that's probably not a good thing. Either the rats are chewing on the database wires, and the page really is supposed to be here, or we threw it in the trash can.

EDIT #2: So the next map I uploaded went to the same screen. This time I was ready with my paste and re-filled everything out again. Not sure why it takes me there when I have everything initially filled out. Anyway I guess my other page is invisible still somewhere of the first map I tried to upload---preventing anyone else from uploading it--or so it seems.

Edit #3: The recent map I uploaded was also not protected...wondering why a preview didn't generate for it? Perhaps its the new screen that came up to manually fill things in that is preventing the most recently uploaded maps from generating mini maps.

Edit #4: Two maps in a row without protection have now not generated previews and gone to that second screen making me re-type everything just as before. Possibly this happens because you can't fill out the author on the initial screen unless you are the author? Not sure but definitely a bit of an issue. Map previews are important after all :D. And re-pasting stuff is kinda annoying.

Are these new maps? Wondering if something changed in SC. Also that next screen is just the new support for unparseable maps. It let's you upload it then takes you to the edit screen. Pending you fill out the required info, the map will then become visible. I'm checking into the other things you noted though during that process which aren't proper.

Addict
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: